- You can place the property on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service).
- You can place a number of ads in your local newspaper’s real-estate section.
- Advertise in the local “Homes Magazine” with one photo. Sometimes, you may need two or three photos if you are purchasing a larger ad.
- Over the past few years, put the property on the broker’s website under “Our Listings” and “Featured Listings.”
- Wait for your phone to ring.
Contrary to today’s market, we have doubled and tripled the “days on the market” in many areas. Without aggressive price-slashing, homes will languish on the market. That’s just for average homes in the majority of the country at the median prices. It’s a difficult market for these homes, but it’s even harder for “special” homes. These homes can be exceptional due to their size, location and price. Other homes may be on land of high value with unique architecture and special development requirements. The Web marketing of these homes has a lot more potential than most real estate professionals realize. They may not even be aware of the potential. No matter what the difficulties, real estate brokerage and selling a home is about “marketing,” not just salesmanship. What’s the difference between marketing and selling? Marketing is an activity that plans to use advertising and media to promote the product to as many potential customers as possible. It’s all about making the prospect respond to your product and presenting it well. Advertising is used for spreading the word. Marketing is the planning and structure of the campaign as well as the choice of media. What It Takes Many real estate agents and brokers have done the exact same thing for many years. They are doing the exact same things over and again. You can’t do the same thing repeatedly and expect different results. That is the definition for insanity.